Tuesday, June 3, 2014

70's


"Oh, I remember that," my daughter exclaimed, her voice warm.
There are still some fragments of the past, languishing in my garage (wow, what an understatement) and I have been determined to get to the bottom of them.
To unpack them.
To unearth them.
To free them.
And me.

The blue jean bag slouching on the bench was made by my teen age self in the seventies.
I lined it with a very funky print and painted the apple on the flap. I happily used it for a block of time.
Teen age time.

Days danced onward and my own daughter happily used the bag for a block of time.
Teen age time.
Maybe one of my granddaughters will find it is just the thing to sling over her shoulder and stride off into the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you most definitely need to hang on to that. You made it! And it speaks of an era--it'll be a collector's item one day--a real heirloom even.

    ReplyDelete