Monday, December 9, 2013

springtime in the rockies

This is the center of my new quilt, Springtime in the Rockies. It isn't just an unfinished block anymore, mind you. It's bordered now in grey and surrounded by animals wild and wooly, a wolf, grizzly, black bear, coyote, lynx and cougar as well as a deer, moose, elk, mountain goat, mountain sheep and caribou.
I began it a couple years ago and it really came together fairly quickly. I loved working on it. Some projects grind to a halt and this is one of them. It can take a bit of effort to jump start them again.
I'm super excited to be finishing this one at last though. It has sort of felt like a cork in a bottle.There are other quilts just waiting in the wings, waiting to be started and enjoyed and unfurled.
I'm excited to share pictures of the completed top soon and some stories that go along with it.
Isn't finishing a wonderful feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment