Wednesday, August 28, 2013

blue river boy

This is my big brother before he was big.
It is spring, 1951 and although snow still covers the ground, he is as warm as toast in his winter woolies.
He's happily reclining in a remarkable chair; a wonderful wooden baby lounge made by my grandpa Nelson.
I wonder if it is an original design or a copy of something that grandpa remembered from his childhood in Norway.
I wonder what became of that chair.
The folded Log Cabin quilt is wonderful too.
What an appropriate pattern for a little Blue River boy. 
It was probably made by great grandmother Minerva.
It seems to have her fingerprints all over it.
The sun is smiling down on my brother.
Three generations of love surround him.

So these three things endure forever; faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor. 13: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment