Sunday, June 17, 2012

seizing control

As my daughter opened the freezer compartment of her fridge, I could see orderly stacks of zip-loc containers filled with soup and packages marching row by row, and frozen lemonade standing at the ready single file.
I was suddenly filled with a resolve.
I would seize control of my own state of affairs.
The freezer compartment of my fridge has taken on a life of its own.
Chaos reigns.

I was soon standing before my opened freezer compartment.
Identities were masked in some cases but an investigation yielded fruit. Good, that could stay.
A few items were swiftly dispatched, and the rest settled down into peaceful co-existence.
It was worth routing out the frost bitten and stale and strange.
The state of my fridge is now as serene as a state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment