Sunday, November 6, 2011

and to all a good night

Magnetic camels from a child friendly nativity set roam forever on the door of my fridge. The star has been put away so they are not making much headway.
I hadn't noticed until this evening that Christmas is never completely put away at our home.
Blown glass stars catch the light in my living room window.
A copper cookie cutter star glints on my china cabinet shelf.
A nativity set is always available for the grandchildren......
A Christmas cactus is blooming its heart out, a splash of festive pink.
A large wreath of curling birch bark adorns a bathroom wall.
And, the post-it notes on my fridge have a tumbling snow man awaiting my shopping list.

The Carpenters have just sung the last triumphant notes of Ave Maria.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment