Thursday, April 7, 2011

treasure

Carving fascinates me. I picked up a bag of assorted carved figures, hesitated and put it back on the shelf at MCC. Then I picked it up again and turned it over, mentally sorting and counting. Hmmm, two sheep or maybe goats; Two cows or maybe horses; Mary, Joseph, Wisemen one, two and three; and yes, little baby Jesus. An entire set. This would be safe in the hands of small grandchildren. Wooden things are wonderfully tactile. And the faces of the little people had such character, so ethnic.
A thrift shop treasure.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey? Lovely story, but it will make you cry. Your nativity reminded me of it.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but I will look into it. Crying is usually a good thing.

    ReplyDelete