Saturday, March 5, 2011

motivating the competitive

I am surrounded by dust. This was the startling revelation I arrived at yesterday as I tidied and puttered after completing a quilt project. House work tends to go to rack and ruin when the fabric comes out.
The spring sun is streaming in and there is no where to hide. Dusting is inevitable. How long does it take for a spider to form a labyrinth of webs? Hmmmm. Maybe I need one of those charts we had in elemetary school with a place for stars by finished tasks. I always wanted the blue stars. They were the best. Red and silver were a big step down. And if the teacher just drew a star with her red pencil, well, that was adding insult to injury. Now I could be the wielder of stars. Oh the power. It doesn't take much to motivate the competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment