Wednesday, March 23, 2011

antidote

I've always been a worrier. In my twenties I expanded my repertoire of worry by having the odd anxiety attack. Depression seemed a natural next step. I had some very dark days in my thirties.
Joyfully, those days are gone as I have gained some ground in understanding the whys and hows of them.
Lately, I have discovered an antidote for anxiety; An insight that is making all the difference.
Weighty thoughts, the sort that spawn worry, used to be my undoing. Now I recognize them as a sign that God is not only at work but trying to get my attention. He's stirring my heart to pray, prompting me to pray.
My habit of old would have been to either stew or suppress. Searching for solutions to life's many concerns is wearing, and trying not to think about them seems like denial.
How wonderful to be free.
"For He causes all things to work together for the good of those who love Him." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment