Monday, June 21, 2010

girls just wanna have fun

Do you ever feel like something HAS TO change?
Snakes shed their skins,
moths struggle out of cocoons,
and I rushed from the house one evening last week and headed for a hair salon.
So much of what makes up our lives can't easily be changed, but hair, well, you can always cut your hair. As I was sudsed and rinsed and snipped and shaped, BTO's Taking Care of Business thumped away in the background, followed by Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I pondered the yawning gulf of time since I'd first heard these songs. Must be some Oldies station on the radio I mused. I was jolted from my reverie by my hairstylist holding a bottle of shampoo up for my approval. "Have you ever thought of using purple shampoo?......to brighten your grey hair?" I believe the color wheel was mentioned and her grandmother and I heard myself croak," You mean, I could be a little old lady with purple hair?" I was hastily reassured that brightness was my goal, not bingo parlor purple. I bought the shampoo. Here's hoping grey is the new blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment